Monday 13 February 2017

PaperArtsy 2017 Topic 2: Masks

For the latest PaperArtsy challenge - Masks - I decided to do an experiment with Infusions.


I like to start my journal pages with a layer of tissue or deli paper. Here, I put a mask on a wet sheet of tissue paper, sprinkled some Infusions on top and sprayed it with water. I used regular paper to blot off the mess on top - getting a great result here too. When I removed the mask, I was left with a very nice pattern.


I glued the tissue paper to my journal page and added some paint across the white edges.


Finally, I stamped the foliage using Lin Brown's ELB04 set and the quote using Words Plate 2 set.

I made several different backgrounds with different masks and stencils.


I got many prints for the price of one - the actual tissue paper (middle), the blot-off paper (left), and also the under paper (right).


11 comments:

  1. I love your project and all of the backgrounds you have made. Lots to use for future projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that worked out really well ! Fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous Infusion experiments Paula. Great results! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did type Pavla, but computer corrected it! 😔

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages Pavla and loved your Infusions experiment. I have to say I think my favourite every time for each print off is the blot off on the left. They are all excellent results though.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Vibrant & edgy. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique to get multiple backgrounds all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome spread! Beautiful backgrounds as well, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pages and great masking work by infusions.

    ReplyDelete