Monday 17 August 2015

Documented Life: July

July Theme - Ephemera
This month it's about incorporating bits and pieces (that were meant to be discarded) to our art.


Week 27 
Art Challenge: Using Old Maps, Letters, Tickets & More
Journal Prompt:  Life...with a history

I started this page with a collage of printed tissue paper, some distress paint and a copy of an old map. I bought this map in 1997 in Clovelly in Devon, England. It was on a piece of some special parchment - the map was light brown and was progressively getting darker and shabbier with time. Until, it started to fall apart. One day, I touched it, and it started to crumble. It was probably meant to be framed under glass, I suppose. So I took copies of the remaining pieces and collaged the crumbled pieces on some other projects.


Then I added some paint and stencilling. And a quote.


Week 28
Art Challenge: Focal Point vs. Layering*
Journal Prompt:  Time keeps on ticking
*Your challenge is to create a focal point on your piece this week. Add layering as you choose.

Sometimes I wish I could look at a finished piece without thinking about things that could have been... The page, as it looks now, is a result of a rescue mission after things went wrong...


I had a particular "time" quote from The Hobbit in mind, so I started with a collage of runes I'd printed on a piece of deli paper for some other Hobbit-related project.


Then I added some acrylic paint - and then a serious of unfortunate events occurred that left me in tears. It resulted in me covering the left side completely and using the right side for plan B. I'm not happy about it but it's working with the theme...

Week 29
Art Challenge: Photographs & Memories
Journal Prompt:  "All that I have to remember you" - Jim Croce

I started with a photo printed on a piece of deli paper. It looked nice, so I started to add more printed deli paper, some paint, some stencilled patterns - and suddenly it didn't look that nice...


This page was left uncompleted for two weeks. I didn't know if I wanted to redo it or just leave it be. I didn't like it but I had no idea how to save it. So I only added a quote and called it a day.



Week 30
Art Challenge: Real Life
Journal Prompt:  At this Moment

I started with a collage of various newspaper/magazine clippings.


Then I added some drippage.


I'm not sure, if I like it, though. In June, I really enjoyed each and every prompt, this month, not so much - and it shows in my art. Let August begin.




No comments:

Post a Comment