Monday 29 June 2015

Documented Life: June

June Theme
Travel Journaling

This was a bit difficult theme for me. In my country, kids have the major school holiday in summer - the whole two months (July and August). So families usually plan their holidays for this time of the year. At around May, people start asking the ominous question "where are you going on holiday this year?" as if it was compulsory to go somewhere in summer. Here, holiday means going south to the sea (we are in the middle of Europe and have no sea) and I don't really care about temperatures exceeding 25°C. Also, I was particularly annoyed this year because I had two destinations in my mind and none worked out. And I wasn't really in the mood for discussing this with anyone. So "Um, I don't know yet, I'm waiting for some last-minute deals" is my "official" answer this year.


Week 23
Art Challenge: Illustrative Art Journaling
Journal Prompt:  Take Me Away


I just returned from a business trip from Sweden on the 6th so I sketched the wing of an aeroplane (I sat by the window, so took a picture of the actual wing of our plane).

Week 24 
Art Challenge: Recording Memories
Journal Prompt:  Taking the Road Less Travelled


I know this theme is about taking the road less travelled but I needed to journal about not weeping about the road(s) I'm not taking this year. It's been really hard to accept the fact I won't be going to my favourite place but I need to focus on getting over the disappointment...

Week 25
Art Challenge: Hometown Inspiration
Journal Prompt: There's no place like Home


I started with a picture printed on a piece of deli paper - it was a sketch of memorable buildings from our town's magazine.


Week 26
Art Challenge: Photos and Words
Journal Prompt:  A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


With June finished, we are now in the half of the Documented Life adventure. And I'm very surprised that I'm keeping up with all the prompts. Usually, I start to lag after a couple of months and it's always a game of catching up for me. This time, I'm glad I have a sort of a routine of doing my Documented Life on Saturday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment