Wednesday 6 May 2015

Documented Life: April

April Theme: Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)


I'm now using a sheet of deli/tissue paper as a background on all the pages to hold my Moleskine journal together and to prevent it from falling apart.

Week 14
Art Challenge:  Watercolors
Journal Prompt:  It's Water Under the Bridge

I decided to aBridge [pun intended] this week's prompt to "water". I used Neocolor II crayons to paint the "bubbles". There is a sheet of deli paper with some ink splatters in the background.



Week 15
Art Challenge:  Acrylics
Journal Prompt:  Cry Me a River

I still don't know if I like this page. The texture is awesome - the tiny dots are Glitter Paste through the"Microbial" Crafter's Workshop stencil  - but the layout not so much...


Background: Distress Paints on deli paper.



Week 16
Art Challenge:  Gelli Plate
Journal Prompt:  A lot on my Plate

I really like to gelli print on deli paper. I have lots of different sheets in my drawer to use whenever I want. So I cheated here a bit and used one of the papers from my stash. I even had the quote from another project where I used the negative of the text.


Not much of the original gelli printed deli paper (try saying that 5 times in a row) is visible. I didn't really like this print, so I don't mind...


I played with the Distress Paints again, adding more and more colour (and some hand-carved spiral stamps) as the page progressed.


Week 17
Art Challenge:  Inks
Journal Prompt:  Before the Ink is Dry

I kind of anticipated the ink theme so I was prepared... As always, I started with a sheet of deli paper that was used to dab off excess ink from a text stencil (Dylusions - Letter Jumble). I added more inks.
Then I used black gesso to mask the two silhouettes out and added a quote.



No comments:

Post a Comment