Thursday 29 May 2014

New art journal

I finally decided on a “project” for this year. (about time, right?) This new art journal is going to be a continuation of my Alpha Journal.  When looking up quotes for my alphabet-themed journal, I discovered some “number“ quotes I liked. I first meant to have my alphabet and number pages in one journal but it got too bulky so I decided on a separate journal. This decision was made many months ago, but I guess I just needed some impulse to get going. (and it finally came this week)

This is the first page:


I was inspired by Darcy's journal page in her Journalling Month series over at PaperArtsy blog. She started her page with a collage of various scrap papers that she'd stamped on. I had a pile of experimental gelli plate prints on deli paper and I didn't know what to do with them. 

I also liked Darcy's colour combination. I first applied some Distress Paints in various shades of purple and green.


Then I collaged my scrap pieces.


Finally, I added more paint, a bit of drippage and a quote.


So, this is the title page in my "numbers" art journal. I think I like it. Very much!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours and i really like your drips, I love collaging scraps.. even when they are then covered up, they still add lots of texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete