Sunday 18 May 2014

I'm a Mad Cutter...

This stencil addiction of mine is getting slightly out of hand. I design more stencils than my Silhouette machine (aka Bobby) can cut. Just kidding... But I keep Bobby busy...

some of my stencils

On a more serious note, life with Bobby isn't always easy. It doesn't cut the material I used to use for my stencils back in those hand-cutting days so I had to find thinner acetate sheets. Even with a double cut, I still have to poke most of the cut pieces out, one by one - which sometimes leads to small accidents (no bloodshed, only torn acetate). And the Silhouette software sucks. I used to do computer graphics for living, I know most of the top vector programmes, but this one is simply user-unfriendly. I'm considering upgrading to Designer Edition, but I still have to justify the purchase to myself. I only need it to open the SVG files. Now, I work with the DXF files, which, for no reason whatsoever, get distorted by the Silhouette software.

But... have I mentioned I'm sooooo glad I don't have to cut my stencils with a craft knife?? All the back/shoulder/finger aches that were avoided...


No comments:

Post a Comment