Saturday 13 April 2013

Mission accomplished

If you told me I would be painting the last page in my journal on the last day of 2012, I wouldn't believe you. I usually don't finish most of my “projects” and I actually didn't expect to finish this one either... But I did - in style...The last page was created live during the famous New Year's Eve Streamathon. I was one of the 16 broadcasters (and many viewers) from all over the world who gathered on U-Stream and shared their creativity. 

I did my favourite technique - something I'm comfortable with, something I know very well. I started painting in the afternoon, because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it all in the 60 minutes of my stream. I drew the outlines, gessoed the page, prepared paints - and waited for my time slot. Despite all the preparation, the colouring still took longer than I'd expected... But I managed to add the finishing touches to the page after my stream, just before midnight:


So, with the last of the 54 pages (52 pages for each week of the year plus one introductory and one final page) finished in the last minutes of 2012, I can call this mission accomplished...

Note on the technique:
Here is a little tutorial for the technique I was using for my New Year's Eve page. There are more examples on my Flickr.


No comments:

Post a Comment