Friday 25 January 2013

Journal cover

I resisted tampering with the cover of my WoW Journal for about 10 months. To ruin a piece of paper is no such a big deal; you can always throw it away and start anew. But the possibility of ruining a journal cover was so discouraging that even a mere thought of starting to work on it made me shiver.
But then, one day, on my way home from work, I got a clear vision of how the cover should look like. For about two days, I was resisting the temptation, until I'd finally given in...
I chose this year's favourite technique, which I developed/discovered/repurposed for this particular journal so it's only fitting that it would be featured on the cover. I also added a little bit of drippage.

(front)

(back)

It's my greatest accomplishment this year to have finally mastered the art of drippage... LOL

I added a title to the front with a mini-quote and a proper quote on the back.


Happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment