Wednesday 26 December 2012

Happy place

This page was a disaster until the last moment – and then, suddenly, almost like by magic, everything fell into place and I was finally happy about it. Very happy, indeed...
It started with a pretty nice tissue paper that had some interesting patterns created when I played with my stencils and  Dylusion sprays.
Then I added some tape, including a striped handmade washi tape I didn’t particularly like.
And at this point it looked really awful. So I removed some tape and sprayed it with my new favourite product – Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. It didn’t help much.
So, according to my new matra - “when in doubt, add drippage” - I added black paint and then some gold on the sides. And ... finally it looked perfect.
[Litany against fear, Dune by Frank Herbert]
There are several “happy places” (a term I borrowed from Donna Downey) on this page – details that make me very very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment